Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our Wild Thing is 1

Baby Max turned one on Sunday, January 25. I enjoy nicknaming my children and started calling Maxwell "Wild Thing" because he shares the name of the boy in the children's book Where the Wild Things Are. It didn't really fit, because Max has been a very content, happy and not very wild of a baby. (I also don't think that it's necessarily a negative name, although I'm hoping he doesn't emulate the behavior of the boy in that particular story.) However, in the past few weeks, he has decided that he can and will get into trouble and has brought the name a little more meaning. Here are a few pictures (okay, a LOT of pictures) to remember the past year along with us and our wonderful baby boy:

About 6 weeks old- Just starting to lose the "wet kitten" newborn look and remembering how to smile


One of my all-time favorite pictures of Max, sticking out his tongue. I think he was about 2 1/2 months here.

Another Bumbo pic with a 4 month old Max. When my Mother in Law bought this for me, I thought, "Oh, another baby thing- just what we need." But Wow. The thing is wonderful. Especially while making dinner, since I put him on the counter next to me and just had to be careful not to chop his toes with the vegetables.


Max on the 4th of July, on Aunt Liesl's lap

6 months old, visiting Kansas

One of his very favorite activities is to swing! 8 months old

A lion for Halloween (9 months old)

Mark holding Max, 10 months old.


Opening Christmas presents at Nana's house in Alabama. First Christmas and clueless.

11 months, at Nana's house in the exersaucer he loved to bounce in. Doesn't he look so grown up in the tie?

Wild Thing, I think I love you! Happy Birthday!

9 comments:

Kent said...

Max is 1! So old, foot in the grave. Next thing you know he'll be borrowing your car and going on dates.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

will got that same v-tech 'spinning top' toy for christmas. I think the monkey "I'm the monkey!" sounds like Ralph Wiggum from the simpsons.

He is definitely a cutums. Happy Birthday Max-almost William!

Alice H said...

What a beautiful smile. My first year memory of Max is the hour he spent eating a wipe at the Neils - an entire hour. He was so happy. And obviously incredibly cute. I took a picture - I should send it to you!

Melanie said...

Maxwell...what a handsome boy. He seems to be the perfect mixture of all your kids. Most often he looks like Matthew, but there are pictures that look a little like Katrina or Felicity.

Flem said...

Oh this is why I love blogging--I just got a teensy bit of his life even though I haven't ever met him! I concur that the wagging tongue pic is adorable and congratulations. I don't know how you managed to have four kids on such a quick timeline and still have time to be so productive in general. We have four but they are more s-p-r-e-a-d out.

Congrats on a solitary beautiful year for this boy.

Liesl said...

For some reason, I can never tell when you update and this irks me.

I have a fantastically cute picture of Max.

kurt said...

E, R, I, Exercise!

Liesl said...

Also, I change my title constantly because I can never find one I'm content with. I'm thinking I'll be content with this one, though.

Brian said...

Matthew II.