Monday, January 19, 2009

Clean at last, clean at last


We got some great new craft supplies for Christmas this year, courtesy of Uncle Kent & Aunt Melanie. We have already really enjoyed them, but needed to find out a home for them in our house. Besides, one of the big tasks every January is making room for the new acquisitions, getting rid of the obsolete or unused, and organizing our general chaos, after returning all of the Christmas decorations etc to storage spots.

That's the reason my to-list this month is lined with things like: clean out pantry, organize exploding desk, conquer closet of doom, clean laundry room, and so on. I finally tackled the pantry last week and made room for almost everything on that table except a small bag of garbage of old paint and so on. It felt so good to finally be done that I had to take a picture:



Just so I can remember what it looked like, because already it's degenerating. However, it was a good thing I finally checked that one off, since a couple days later we learned that an appraiser was coming to our house, as we're trying to refinance. That took a ton of work getting ready for him, since our "clean" is other people's "normal". It was really nice to have the entire house clean, including our bedroom (where the children love to drag things like blocks, food remnants, or their stale pjs), closets, and floors. No more nibbling rollaway dinner leftovers, Max the Vac!

Mark told me to take a picture, but alas I was too tired. It didn't last the night, anyway, but it was nice while it lasted.

10 comments:

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Wow, I have to just say how amazing the pantry looks! Seriously, what is better and more relieving than an organized closet/whatever that used to be a complete disaster. I have to get that bookcase so that I can finally unpack our books and organize our bedroom closet...the suspense is killing me!!

Dawn Harvey said...

I love your pantry, will you please come and do mine next time you come out? I don't think I could do it, I mean seriously, it is AMAZING. Good Job JO! I think I'll send you a copy of Tess of the D'ubervilles as a congrats gift!

Liesl said...

That's kind of how my clean is as well. I clean my room on Friday, and then on Monday there's clothes and things strewn all over already. I really, REALLY hate cleaning my room. I can clean everything else, but my room...that's my special spot. I shouldn't have to clean it.

Flem said...

That is truly amazing. Please take a follow-up pic in two weeks so I can judge you on your cleanliness.

merathon said...

i LOVE organizing. it is such a great feeling when it's all done, isn't it? with that said, i have SO much i need to do. we just refinanced as well, and we got a call with just a one day notice to tell us they were coming to do the appraisal. we had just gotten back from our 9 day vacation in orlando and i was still taking down christmas decorations! i apologized to the appraiser and said, "i hope that a cluttered house won't effect the appraisal!"

he said it wouldn't-- i hope he wasn't lying!

Grant and Stacy said...

we're refinancing too. Does that me I have to actually clean? No way, not going to do it! It's amazing how something the size of a lemon can take away all of you energy!

Lorana said...

Nice MLK Jr. allusion to mark the day. Was that on purpose?

Mel said...

So glad to hear I'm not the only one with an exploding desk!

Kent said...

You're welcome. Mel really couldn't control herself at Michael's, so you ended up with all the supplies you might ever need. Now I'm waiting for pictures of your finished crafts.

Lauren said...

LOVE the pantry. It is so organized. I can't believe you got so many crafts for Christmas? Are you guys coming in May?

xo