Sunday, May 31, 2009

Piano Recital

I host a piano recital twice a year and was excited to have my new piano for my students. This year's recital had performances by 8 students. I was proud of them and felt like the hard work was worth it. Nothing like the impending feeling of making a fool of oneself in public to motivate students to practice! (Or piano teachers to clean house!)

Sami looks so cute playing this. I especially like the tattoo on her forearm.


Here's her twin sister, Sara. They are also our neighbors and play with Katrina.

Check out Felicity's tongue sticking out in this one. She was definitely concentrating.

Katrina was Little Miss Confident. She performs at every opportunity and as such, was very prepared. My adult student, Adyannahy, is in the background. She also did very well- hey, they all did!

I should have taken pictures of the refreshments- fruit pizza, ganache filled cupcakes with different toppings, and watermelon. But they didn't last long. With those starving children, is anyone surprised?

2 comments:

Brian said...

How come it seems like all these "earlier" posts are showing up l8r?

Kent said...

I also read this! That's a shiny piano.