Monday, June 1, 2009

Fathers & Sons Campout

Mark took Matthew on his very first Fathers and Sons Campout. Matthew was so excited, it was all he could talk about for days. We had a great time buying some supplies to help them get ready. Mark got home and had to pack up some things, but Matthew was filled with anticipation and sat in the sweltering car for a long time just waiting.

Mark never takes pictures, but I sent the camera along with him to capture some memories. They went to a campsite close by with a lake.


Throwing rocks is legal here?!

It was really hot, and the ground was hard, but they had a great time... and not much sleep. I think this is a great picture of Matthew getting a drink next to his Lightning McQueen sleeping bag that usually resides at Nana's.

2 comments:

Kent said...

I read this. I just want credit for it. Sounds like good times.

Brian said...

Hey, I deserve credit too. I miss the good ol' Fathers and/or Sons. I take it Mark as well as Matthew has never gone before?