Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mark at 34




We got home the night before Mark's birthday, so my parents were still there for the presents. Nothing like good ol' socks and store-bought cookies for a birthday gift!





That night I was rather unprepared for dinner, and since Mark was still at work when I finished mixing his cake at 6:30 pm, I loaded the kids sans shoes into the van and took them to KFC while the cake was baking. I am NOT a fast food girl, and KFC in particular, but Mark is, so this was truly a gift for him. Unfortunately, the line was long, so I directed Mark to go home and rescue the cakes before they burned to a crisp. We placed our order, got to the front of the line, and... I had left my wallet at home!

It was rather a late night, but Mark was a great sport.

3 comments:

Dawn Harvey said...

Poor Markums! Late chicken and a burnt cake? I'm sure he was still so happy though. I did not see his amazingly cool Nike hat in any of those pictures. I am trying really hard not to be offended...just so you know...

Kent said...

I like Dad's pants in the b-day pic. And what worse feeling is there than forgetting your wallet? None! Because it's the worst!

Brian said...

Ha! Classic that you forget your wallet and you send Mark home. Did they just give you a freebstance?

That cake looked really huge until I realized it was just close to the camera.