Thursday, April 16, 2009

But I can't wait until I'm 8


Our Felicity recently turned 8. She has been looking forward to this birthday for her whole life. At our house, we do parties every other year, and this is the year off for birthday parties (but there will be plenty of others since life IS a party at our house).

Although it was a freezing cold and windy day, it was a Saturday and Felicity really enjoyed her birthday- playing soccer in the bitter wind, watching Word Girl, and playing on the computer. Felicity generally has a good attitude and liked having her "birth minute" at the church since it was our family's turn to clean that morning.





She finally got some scriptures, with a really stylish looking scripture case, which she was really excited about. Don't worry, she won't actually read them, they're still hanging on the hook by the door in case of a sudden need to dash out the door with scriptures in tow.

I am not too humble to mention that I could use some new scriptures and finally a case myself, since the current ones are hacked up from being jammed in a bag with Cheerios, MagnaDoodles, baby toys, pacifiers that don't belong to us, and so forth. My bday's on the 20th, for any of you who are wondering.

A new backpack! Yessss! She hugged Katrina for "giving" this to her. I'm sure Katrina felt very proud of herself for contributing nil to this present. Felicity's former backpack was one I bought from CVS Pharmacy in 2005 and refused to die in the traditional way of backpacks, i.e. holes and broken zippers. Instead, it got filthy dirty and smelled of undesireables from sack lunches (like slices of bell peppers grown moldy).

Don't these kids look delicious? Wait, not yet, it's Saturday night, they still need to bathe...


And the cupcakes actually were. We never have problems finishing up dessert.

3 comments:

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Wow it took you forever to finally blog about this, you must feel so relieved to have it out of the way. Happy birthday again to Fel. Those cupcakes look good.

Joyful said...

I'm not quite sure I believe your oldest is 8 already! I, myself am much to youthful to have such old kids ;-)

Kent said...

I love Matthew's face in the cupcake pic. It looks like he's grunting.