Thursday, April 2, 2009

Curses! Tagged Again!

8 things I did yesterday
1 Drove 2 crazy boys to Max's ENT appointment in Coppell.
2 Went grocery shopping with said crazy boys at Sprouts and Kroger
3 Put the groceries away. Yes, this deserves its own line item... it takes forever and I'm always wiped out by the end.
4 Finally finished folding the dang laundry (and nope, I didn't put it away)
5 Taught piano to 3 little giggly girls who were hankering for Skittles
6 Took Felicity to & from her first ever Activity Days!
7 Attended Katrina's soccer practice in the wind while Max and Matthew chased after the balls
8 Bossed the 3 older kids through dinner prep, dinner, dishes, homework, bedtime
And thankfully for you, that's all I have space for.

8 favorite tv shows (Absolutely depending on the episode)
1 Psych
2 Burn Notice
3 The Office
4 30 Rock
5 Lie to me
6 The Barefoot Contessa
7 Design to Sell
8 Music and the Spoken Word (muchly needed calming influence on Sunday morns)

8 fave restaurants, in no particular order
1 Mi Cocina -brisket tacos
2 Joe Vera's -chimis
3 Leatherby's -ice cream!!
4 The Bright Star (Bessemer, AL)- fish
5 Swirl Bakery (desserts) -cakes/pies
6 Amanda's (Hoboken) -basil polenta, but everything there is good
7 Cappriccio -homeade tortellini
8 Anyplace where there's no kid menu

8 things i'm looking forward to
1. Going to Italy
2. Paying off the student loans!!
3. Max not having ear infections anymore
4. Felicity's Baptism on April 11
5. Mark getting home from Alabama (after he goes Sunday morning, of course)
6. School getting out!
7. Sleeping in on Saturday mornings... someday in my probably distant future
8. General Conference

8 wishes
1 New carpet
2 A kitchen floor that operates like a garbage disposal- you flip a switch and all the dirt/junk/extra food under the highchair, all whirls down a hole
3 No more super glue on my counter
4 Perfectly obedient children (ha! that is a wish!)
5 More time to read
6 A self-cleaning car
7 A guilt-free conscience
8 Someone to make me dinner tonight!

8 folks to tag (no pressure folks, I won't start shunning you if you don't want to do this)
Kent, have you ever done a tag? Ever?
Cuz Pete a la Philippines
Cuz Holly (but again, no pressure)
Melody H.
Melissa N.
H.
Lee Ann F.
Fatso. You can do it! (and no, I'm not being insensitive here)

6 comments:

Haymonds said...

Done. Jo, I'd be happy to make you dinner tonight. Even gourmet style. No problem. Except that it will be in Salt Lake. And it's already 3:30. And I was just makin pork and beans for dinner tonight. Oops.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Thanks for doing it, even though it was SUCH a chore, right? Remember how I folded the laundry yesterday? I still haven't put it away even though it was washed on Tuesday. I really don't think it's in me to actually wash the clothes, dry the clothes, fold the clothes, AND put away the clothes all in one day.

Kent said...

The kitchen floor wish is such a great wish that I think you should make it a reality. Kramer installed a disposal in his shower when he was living in there, why can't you?

I have done a tag. Once. A couple of years ago, I think, when I lived in Melrose. I will do this tag once I have a day where I can say I did 8 different things that aren't work related, so it doesn't look like this:

1. Meeting
2. Boss newbies
3. Meeting
4. Get yelled at by manager
5. Do actual work
6. Meeting
7. Duck out early
8. Watch TV for the rest of the night

Alexis said...

Hey, we have the first four favorite tv shows in common! I think you turned me onto Psych, though.

H. said...

Okay, I've been needing something to write about, so when I get the time I'll do the tag.

Brian said...

A tag?! ME?! Never!