Thursday, April 2, 2009

Max Attack


My baby is growing up pretty fast these days, and I'm trying to document a little of it so I don't forget this time with him. Although I only have four, they have blurred together a little in their past, only remembered by reading it in black and white. Max is a mischief maker of the first degree- yeah, he's the baby whose hands are continually in the toilet, sucking on the air freshener that he has already unscrewed from its socket, squirting the green florescent glue all over the carpet. And all this while I'm making the grocery list.

Although it's a lot to keep up with, I'm thankful for his usual cheerful and inquisitive self. He has had a lot of ear infections, so tomorrow morning he's getting tubes put into his ears. We are hopeful that the happy little guy comes back. He has tried to maintain a good attitude despite not feeling well, but it's been tough for him when he doesn't sleep well.

Max wiggles his rump when he crawls. He likes to be chased and crawls all the faster away from you if you call after him. Max thinks the word "No" is a funny joke to be laughed at. He likes spicy food, unlike my other babies, and is a great eater (can you tell?), although when he is done, he refuses to sit contentedly in the high chair and plans his escape immediately.

Max is my most musical baby. He dances frequently as he hears music, even to the little annoying tunes from the toys. The other day, I was doling out the cruel and unusual punishment of changing his diaper, when I bumped into a toy that plays classical music or kid tunes. It was a Bach piece, and he was instantly still, trying to listen.


6 comments:

Paula said...

First to comment! I don't think that's ever happened. I hope the tubes in the ears go well and solve all your problems.

Flem said...

Your last post-- we have an awesome little school in Coppell!

Good luck with the tubes--we know several people for whom that has absolutely solved the ear infection issues.

And please never say "only four" when referring to your kids because that makes me feel totally incompetent for feeling like it is a lot!

Liesl said...

That's pretty interesting about the music thing. Maybe you should play Bach every time you change his diaper.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Wow, except for the playing in the toilet part, I could have been reading about Will. They must have been twins in Heaven...heck they even had the same name for a few hours. Will acts like I'm torturing him when I change his diaper (or take away the cell phone) and bobs his head the instant he hears music.

He is also very cute, much like my son. I can't believe how old he looks.

Maren said...

Joseph got tubes a couple weeks before we left Boston. Dealing with tubes is annoying just like dealing with ear infections. But a couple years later the tubes fell out and now he has neither. Good luck Max!

Kent said...

I don't have much to say except that Max has huge cheeks and is bardzo (Polish for "very"--one of my all-time favorite words) cute.