Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ack! Tagged again!



Oh Holly. I am terrible at tags! But I do lack for ideas, so hopefully this will help get me to 50 by the end of the year.

5 of My Current Addictions:

Dessert, especially chocolate (maybe not as much as Mark does, but close)

Listening to my baby laugh... oh, and the others too

Christmas music & movies

Wasting time on the computer

Reading


I don't know how to do links, so I can't pass it on legitimately. But I thought of a good story, maybe you can help- when you chopped your finger off as a little girl. I've been trying to tell it to my children as a "you'd better not" fable but can't remember the details.

4 comments:

Joyful said...

Here's how I remember it: I was peacefully reading upstairs when I heard screaming. It was Holly, bleeding everywhere and freaking out. Guess who the lucky person was who got to hold the towel on her finger and apply pressure while we waited for hours in the ER? I'm still traumatized from it.

Haymonds said...

Here's the "you'd better not" version. Dad was taking out a tree stump and had tried unsuccessfully to free the stump with his axe. He went to get reinforcements of a rope and a truck, and we were strictly instructed to "not touch". I was six, Darren was four. Unsupervised. Yeah right. So I was playing with the worms and woodchips that had all been turned up by the hacking. Darren was playing woodsman. We sort of collided in those separate plans, and voila! When Dad says don't touch, he means it.

kurt said...

In the great set of Heinrich Hoffmann's "Struwwelpeter" (ten short stories), Little Suck-A-Thumb gets his thumbs chopped off by a tailor for excessive thumb-sucking. Didn't work on Ralph, though...277 warts later.

Kent said...

Lame answers, Jo. You need to elaborate to make it more interesting. I don't know if we can count this as a post.

"You'd better not" stories remind me of "Arrested Development" when George Bluth would pull elaborate stunts that usually involve a guy's arm getting ripped off to teach his kids a lesson: "And that's why you don't yell in the car!"