Sunday, January 27, 2008

Introducing...

Baby Maxwell! Born Jan 25, at 7:42 pm. He's a little swollen and red because this is right after the birth. Poor Little Man was not ready to be ejected from the nice warm womb, but he did really well and we are pleased as punch. I didn't know a delivery could actually be a happy experience. (Let's hear it for great doctors, nurses, & epidurals!)



He has some very eager siblings who thought of some good names for him. Felicity thought "Cosmo", Katrina called him "Blanky", and Matthew's vote was for "Baby". Uncle Kurt likes Carl, which I think deserves Honorable Mention.


Here's Daddy, getting used to the Sunday sleeping slouch:

And Grandma is giving it her best shot, even though she has very little experience holding screaming babies:


I look ridiculous in this next one, not to mention still swollen from all that IV fluid, but I thought the baby's face is very cute here. We were trying to compare Giant Dimples. (He has one in his left cheek.)

We're now home and trying to recover, but it will probably be a long time before we all get out of pjs. Thank goodness for my Mom or we wouldn't have anything to eat or clean surfaces whatsoever. It's going to be Mommy Boot Camp for the next few weeks. Be warned!

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Congratulations JoEllen! I love the name Maxwell. You look too good to just have given birth! Good luck - wish I were there to help - I miss the mass play dates with the girls back in Boston.

Alice H said...

Maxwell is so cute! And you do look great JoEllen. Congratulations - I am so happy for you!

Liesl said...

What's wrong with X? I think it's a perfectly sensible name. You're so old-fashioned.

Melanie said...

Congratulations! I was worried Maxwell wouldn't be able to compete in cuteness with your other children...but no worries there! He's ADORABLE!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

I always thought Carl would be the strangest name to give a little baby. But I'm sure when Kurt starts having babies we're going to see some kids' names like Fred and Jim Bob. And when Brian has kids they'll be named Tlab VI, Blab VII, Blab VIII, and Mlab III.

Kent said...

If anything, Maxwell looks exactly like Mlab, so you should've named him that. And, yes, Mlab was the gorilla.

Mike, Jess, Elijah, Julia and Amelie said...

Congratulations on your beautiful, growing family! We are very happy for you guys! Little Maxwell is adorable! Good luck during these first weeks.

Unknown said...

JoEllen, He is so adorable! Congratulations to you all! (And I think you look great. I looked like a train ran over me that soon after labor!)

Kerrie N.

Fairbank Family said...

Oh my goodness he is adorable!! Congratulations and you look wonderful.