Sunday, January 13, 2008

Looking at Mr. M

3 Months old, happily drooling in the swing.
Eating Cheerios, about Nov. 2005.
Learning to walk, Winter 2006.


Matthew is 3. I've been looking at some pictures and remembering when he was small and slobby. (Mark's word for covered in drool) He looks pretty different from these other pictures I took of him this past December, playing outside in the leaves in his Sunday clothes. Hard to believe he was such a skinny kid as a 5 lb preemie.


Only took him a couple months to get a double chin.Now he looks all grown up:
I like this next one because it's the face he has whenever he says, "Look at my muscles!!" I keep asking him about princesses and if he likes them. But he always says no.

He is definitely Mr. Contrary, which these pictures don't really show. Not always easy to get along with, but we sure do love him. Happy Birthday, Big Tex.

8 comments:

Liesl said...

JoEllen, it's not that I don't like you, but I really, really think you should use Slide for the good of your adorable children. People can't download pictures from it and that is such a wonderful thing in this stalkerish world where ANYBODY can look at your pictures and it doesn't take up a lot of space. I LOVED these pictures and this blog. But PLEASE! USE SLIDE! YOU WILL THANK ME LATER!

kseal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kseal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joyful said...

JoEllen, you sure have a cute family

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Matthew gets my vote for Most Winning Smile.

Alice H said...

What great pictures! Happy Birthday Matthew!

Kent said...

I...NOT...BIG TEX!!!!!!!!

Melanie said...

Kent was so sad that I hadn't posted a comment on here yet, so here goes...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MATTHEW! Since I never got to see him as a baby (ahem ahem) I look at those pictures and can't believe that adorable, small baby could be the same 2 foot tornado that I encountered running through The Big House. Can't wait to see you again.