Saturday, September 5, 2009

Chocolate, Strawberries, and Chocolate Strawberries

As many of you know, we like desserts around here. I thought I'd share some of our results.

One Friday when Mark was going to be working late and the children were bored, we decided to make a Fudge Covered Oreo Cake. It was even more amazing than it sounds, although not as pretty as it potentially could have been. (The perfectionist part of me has yet to emerge) Each child helped to contribute and they actually made most of it by themselves, although I was in charge of assembly.


To celebrate Napoleon's birthday in August, we made strawberry Napoleon pastries with phyllo dough, which was on a major sale at the grocery store. They were fun and different, but pretty messy and took a lot more work than I anticipated.

We have been having some sweet (as opposed to tart) strawberries lately and so we dipped some of them in chocolate, since everything's better in chocolate. This is by far the easiest dessert of the three, since it consists of microwaving chocolate chips and whipping cream, stirring 'til smooth, and dipping the strawberries. We put them on wax paper in the fridge and they disappeared rather quickly.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Why wasn't I invited over to sample all of these desserts? They look yummy!

Lorana said...

A friend and I dipped 200 strawberries for another friend's daughter's wedding. The quote for professionally-dipped berries: $3 each! They're so easy! Can you imagine making $3 for a minute's work?

Mel said...

Recipes, my dear, recipes! That cakes sounds divine!