Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Finally taking my tagging turn

3 different friends tagged me: Cheryl, Meredith, and Kim. I always forget about doing what I'm supposed to do while on the computer, which is one reason why it's such a black hole of time waste for me. I don't know how to put links on blog entries, and the rules varied (slightly) from each other, so this one will have to be my version of the game. Think of it as playing dodgeball with your friend who can't catch or throw (also me).

The task of this tag is to list 6/7 Random Facts:

1- Although I think of myself as somewhat of a conformist, I always have to change something. I can't even follow my own recipes perfectly, much less others. That includes making a recipe that I have never before tried or tasted. And hence (the kidlets watched Mary Poppins this weekend, what a great phrase), there's always a lot of variety in the food around here.

2- I enjoy whistling, but it annoys me no end when anyone else does it. Very unfair, I know. Just last week, Felicity asked in frustration, "Why did you teach me how to whistle and then you do not let me do it?"

3- I have always wanted long hair... but it looks awful on me, and doesn't grow beyond my collarbone anyway. So it has to be short. Probably better anyway since I don't have the patience to take care of long hair.

4- I hate eggs. And processed cheese. Eggs and Cheetos are my dinner of doom.

5- I'm a night owl. Last Wednesday while I was out, Felicity told the bishop to call back at 11:30 or 12 because I don't go to bed until 4 or 5 in the morning. No, not that late. Pretty consistently around midnight though. Why go to bed at 11 when I'm feeling better than I have all day?

6- I was named for my paternal grandmother, Ellen. My parents added the "Jo" for variety. If I'd been born 1 child earlier (I'm #5), they would have named me Elena. Many people cannot remember or pronounce my name and call me things like Jolynn, Jailynn, Mary Beth (they remember it was some compound name). Some assume my father's name is Joe and mother's name is Ellen, or that I'm from the south. I always tell people to ask me my name as many times as needed; I know it's unusual.

7- Although I am at best a sloppy housekeeper, my spices and cans are always extremely organized. That is due to laziness- when I'm cooking, I don't want to hunt something down while burning something else.

So now I'm supposed to tag 7 people who haven't already done this, and they're supposed to copy/paste the graphic below and start the process over. Trying to think of who even reads this regularly! Uhhhh Liesl, Dawn, Melody, Jaime, Kent/Mel, Halls, Kim Christensen.


7 comments:

kurt said...

Believe it or not, I'm a regular reader of your blog, just don't comment much. I've never seen you as a conformist, and know all too well of your Mr. Gower-like aversion to whistling.

Dawn Harvey said...

I agree with WOO--conformist?? I don't see it. But you consider yourself one, it makes me wonder what everyone else isn't seeing about you. LOVE the whistling. I can't do it so I guess I won't have to worry about the kids doing it. Ok I guess I'll try to answer the tag bu the whole cut and paste the picture thingy is going to be waaaayy too tricky for me!

runningmom said...

And here, I always thought your name was Belinda!

Oh, and BTW, I tagged you way back on September 4th! So make that 4 friends!!

jaime said...

eggs and processed cheese? really?

those 2 items just might top my list of things i love.

Kent said...

Your description of whistling is just like me. I always told Coleslaw to stop his infernal whistling, even though I catch myself doing it myself. Even worse than that, is when people hum/whistle/sing an annoying song that will get stuck in your head all day. Like this:

5...5...5 dollar footloooooong...

Brian said...

JoBeula! Do I pay you to be a canary?!

Never heard o' th' 5 dollar footlong song. Must be a goodun.

Kristie said...

and you are NOT a messy housekeeper.