Friday, March 21, 2008

Nana and the Big Snow

After Black History month was over, and the curtain had fallen for the last time on the BHM program which she directed, Nana came to visit. And just in case you can't tell from all that which side of the family she hails from, I'll just tell you: "the black side" (Felicity's reference! Not mine!)

She was very busy all of February working on aforementioned program, so she did lots of this while she was here:

and I was very grateful to have her hold a fussy baby who recently has been puking all over everything. More on that later.

While she was here, there was a freakish event for March in TX and it snowed twice. Monday night, it snowed. Tuesday morning, the sun came up, it got up to 65, and melted everything. Then on Thursday, it snowed again. All the kids in the neighborhood went out and hurriedly constructed snowmen, which long outlasted the cold weather. Here are
Felicity and Matthew trying to make do with limited winter gear (we ditched most of it upon leaving Boston, who knew?)


Matthew really loves his "deejay hat". This was actually knit for me by one of my elder buddies from my mission. Check out the Nike swoosh:



In fact, he loves it so much that Katrina and he incorporated it in his "fireman costume". ( The firehose is the jumprope.)




And just for kicks, I thought I'd include a picture of the Cutest Baby in the World:


8 comments:

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Wow...Maxwell really is the cutest baby in the world. For now.

Lauren said...

I am glad you guys got a chance to play in the snow - you need at least one snow storm a year! Maxwell is adorable - does he have food allergies or reflux? I feel so bad for fussy little babies with stomach aches - I can relate after little James who now is the happiest kid in the world but a fussy baby ... which actually ended up being allergies. Hope all is well:)

Melanie said...

He IS the cutest baby in the world. I can say that because my kids haven't arrived on the scene yet...I am so excited to see all of you in a week! Make sure Maxwell holds in some projectile puking for his Uncle Kent.

Melanie said...

P.S. It better not be snowing next week...We're coming to Texas to warm up, we've had enough snow.

Alice H said...

That was an amazing hat. And I love the kids smiles - they for sure win the award for best smiles of the family.

Jen said...

He really is the cutest baby in the world. Jo, you and Mark really make beautiful babies!!

I happen to think you're the funniest in the relationship. I love your humor and whit. AND I wish I could have been around to help finish off the carrot cake . . . with whom ever finished it off!

we miss you tons.

oh, and we got into Harvard. Just found out yesterday!

Fairbank Family said...

Sounds like you had a nice time. Love the snow and a little jealous - but not too much. I like the warm weather here:) Hope all is well and yes, he is pretty darn cute!

Mel said...

Oh JO!!! He is a doll!!! Just as all your kids are! I can't wait to see him and squeeze him! Hope you are holding up with adjusting to 4! Believe me, life can get tough, but hang in there; it's worth the ride.