Saturday, February 23, 2008

Straitjackets for Babies

His arm STILL escaped? Inconceivable!


Although they struggle like anything to get out of them, my babies secretly love to be swaddled. Otherwise, they get really tired and start flailing their arms because they don't know how do go to sleep on their own. Maxwell is a classic example. The arm action eventually leads to his smacking himself in the face, et voila! The moment becomes titled, Wide Awake and Frustrated About It. Maxwell is getting pretty good at escaping my swaddles (but not Daddy's- you can't even bend his body in that tight of a wrap), so I have come up with a new solution- using the carseat buckles as fasteners for this baby burrito.



Dawn and her baby Caleb the Blond HeavyWeight came and visited us last weekend. It was great. She taught the kids to dance, and now they want to watch music videos on You Tube all the time. It's probably good that I'm so clueless in that dept, sorry kids, can't help ya. Instead, they have to get jiggy with it to Mark's old Will Smith CDs.


Since Deloitte and the great state of Texas think that MLK was more important than all 42 presidents put together, Monday was a regular day and Mark was off to DC. It was really nice to have Dawn here as backup and I'm exceeding grateful for all the laundry she folded and the kitchen floor getting scrubbed. Wow, what a best friend. Too bad we lacked the discipline to go to bed in the evenings, the circles under my eyes are getting so dark and deep. Next week I'll be better behaved.

8 comments:

kurt said...

Thank you for being so prompt on obeying my command to blog. Now breathe! Now exhale. Now breathe again! Very good!

Bravo, JoEllen, on being accurate on the # of presidents we've had.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

That is a classic picture of Felicity dancing.

Lauren said...

JoEllen - is having a fourth as easy as you make it look?

I haven't showed my kids the joys of you tube because I would never get to use the computer. Elizabeth had a play date a few days ago and the little girl wanted to play on the computer by herself the whole time.

Melanie said...

Oh little Maxwell, how cute are you? I will definitely be swaddling my babies, the less movement, the better! And you Morris' have some sweet moves. Can't wait to see you!

Kent said...

It took me until your last comment on Mel's post to figure out that you were "bondedbyboston". I was really confused for a while, especially because your blogger profile was blank.

Jen said...

I am so jealous! If I just have to have a baby to get Dawn to come visit, I might as well get to it!

It was so great to cross your blog. We miss you guys so INCREDIBLY much.

Maxwell is beautiful. And I can hardly believe how big your little girls and Matthew are!! They are gorgeous!

I hope all is well in Texas. We love you!

Alexis said...

Swaddling is a bit of magic isn't it? Evan escapes from his and we find his wailing in distress. He looks SO forelorn, all wrapped up except one arm, eyes red from crying, when I finally get to him

Liesl said...

Your children win the award for fantastic expressions.