Saturday, April 26, 2008

As a matter of fact, I AM the boss of you.

So it's been a long time since I blogged. My computer is the big excuse, since let's face it, my writing is not that exciting and I couldn't put any pictures on the new computer we bought last month. Last week I sent it back (keys broke off within days); it's probably better I didn't invest a lot of time on it. But I finally downloaded about 60 photos (what can I say, I have a very cute baby), so you won't have to read drivel for long.

This was one of the most unproductive weeks ever. And I no longer have the excuse of a newborn, since Maxwell is now 3 months. He was sick though, and insisted on being held every waking minute. My other gripe of the week was misbehaving children, specifically Mr. M. This boy is full of delightful phrases, to which I silently answer little remarks such as you'll find in today's title. I guess it's all part of asserting his independence. He's pretty defiant and I just started a sticker chart for the first time in years, desperate for a new tactic. He was happy to get some stars on his traintrack though, we'll see if it works. I am convinced that motherhood is the great humbler in life...for me, anyway. Of course, it's all worth it, as you can plainly see:

Easter Sunday, after church:

This is probably my smiliest baby yet:

He's a real chunkster, too:


So with this jolly green giant for a closer, I promise to be much more cheerful next time.

5 comments:

kurt said...

The pictures aren't showing, JoEllen.

Kristie said...

Hey talk about humbling. . . my kids were the WORST acting kids in the whole stake conference - and we were on the front row so EVERYONE saw. It was topped off during the closing prayer, when Abbie was hollering, and Eli ran up on to the stage, to sit on my lap. (I had joined the choir for just the closing song.)

Kent said...

I'm really sure Kristie's kids were acting up, arguing about who was more like Jesus.

Also, happy birthday! The day before your b-day, I told Mel to remind me to call you. The next day she reminded me, but I was watching basketball, so I figured I'd do it after. She reminded me after, but I took a nap instead. Then she reminded me later and I figured you were probably on the phone all day and I'd do it the next day. Then I forgot. So that's my excuse.

Alexis said...

Look at Maxwell in his Bumbo seat. We've tried putting Evan in his, but he is still too small... and Greta even smaller.

Catherine said...

What a CUTIE!! Got to love the independence of these big spirits in little bodies! Fun to catch up. Sounds like you guys are doing well.