Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Feed the Quack Quacks, tuppence a bag

The weather was warmer today, so we headed out to feed some ducks at a nearby pond. Every time we drive past, Max points out the water and quacks at the ducks. He really loves ducks, but refuses to call them by their proper name. (This boy could fill a book on language development.) Maxwell loves animals like many other toddlers, but has a soft spot for the ducks. It seems strange to me, too.

The delight on Max's face is apparent. He tried to put his hand in the birds' mouths. Matthew enjoyed controlling the food source.

We suddenly became very popular as they clued into our treasure (stale rolls)....

Matthew told me later that he fed the Mama Duck most of the food. I asked how he knew which was the mother and he explained that because there was a giant curl on the top of her head. Of course. Just like how you spot any mom! (Obviously it's a bad hair time for me.)

3 comments:

Nollie said...

JoEllen, thanks for your comment, and OF COURSE I remember you. I am also a reader of your blog and it looks like Texas is treating you well. Hope Mark is enjoying his job and that you're having fun with the kiddos. It warms my heart to hear from Boston friends - I still miss Beantown alot, but glad we weren't there this winter.

Alice H said...

I was always afraid of ducks growing up. Actually I still am a little. So I'm impressed with Max. Only a few days till he can help me conquer my fear!

Kent said...

At least he didn't say "because she was the fattest!"