Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ooku Matthew

Pinoeer children grimaced as they rode their bikes around the church parking lot


About a month ago, Matthew came home from an outing with Daddy and his sisters and started calling me Ooku Mama. I assumed it was from something Mark had done with him or maybe a Star Wars Obscure Character. But no, this was just an Original Matthew Title. Mark is Ooku Daddy and yesterday I heard the baby called Ooku Maxwell. So I call him Ooku Matthew in return.

Swimming at the Scera in Arm, UT

I used to think the anti-girl sentiment of boys was learned, but Matthew is out to prove me wrong. He has now gone 4 weeks absolutely refusing to go to nursery because he "doesn't want to see the girls there." It is driving us crazy. When I point out to him that I am a girl, he tells me, "That's why I'm sitting by Daddy." Since when does Mommy have cooties?

Relay races w/ Uncle Kent in Pine Valley


And the latest little "gem" from Mr. Contrary is this: yesterday, Max was wearing a onesie that read, "Am I cute or what?" Matthew told me, "He's what."

8 comments:

Kent said...

Finally! A picture of me. I guess it's been a while since I last checked your blog, you actually have 2 posts for me to read! Happy day!

Cheryl said...

Matthew is such a character. I still talk about how my spicy pizza offended him because "it's to spicy. Someone put spices on this pizza. I don't like spices."
Boys like Matthew are the reason "Kids Say the Darndest Thing" was invented. He has t.v. star written all over him.

jaime said...

gotta love little boys.

at least the ooku thing seems pretty tolerable. jax just tries to throw the word underwear into every conversation...he's so classy.

runningmom said...

Wow! Your kids have sure grown up. I love seeing all the pictures! Hope you don't mind that Dawn told me about your blog! Miss you guys so much!!! --Lydia

runningmom said...

Don't seem to have your #.

Email me it and I'll call you.

My email is just my married name (2 names as one word all lowercase) at yahoo.com

The Eberhardts said...

i love matthew. love his sense of humor. what a jem!

Fairbank Family said...

Boy, do you have your hands full! We miss you guys. I can't believe how fast those cute kids are growing up.

Cecily said...

HELLO!!! I love reading the updates on your family. Time sure flies . . . Boys will be boys, but I wish Matthew would rub off on Jack. He's a lover, with a fiancee already picked out. Heaven help us.